Home / Greater Niagara
Niagara Falls is the jewel of Greater Niagara. Other wonders include two Great Lakes, the Erie Canal, and the magnificent Letchworth State Park, called the Grand Canyon of the East. The beautiful waterfront city of Buffalo and picturesque villages hold treasures of art and culture.
Wonders—natural and man-made—make this an awesome place to visit! Start at Niagara Falls State Park, named one of the Top 10 Most Beautiful Spots in America by the Today Show. Experience the majestic beauty and power of the thundering Falls on a Maid of the Mist boat tour or Cave of the Winds walk. For a panoramic view, dine at the Top of the Falls restaurant. In nearby Lewiston, the breathtaking Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour ranks as one of North America’s Top 5 adventure rides.
Explore the wondrous 17-mile-long gorge at Letchworth State Park, called the Grand Canyon of the East. Lockport Locks and Erie Canal cruises showcase the man-made wonder of one of America’s most important waterways. Other wonders include two Great Lakes, renowned for trophy fishing, and Darien Lake Theme Park—with thrilling coasters, waterslides, shows and family fun. Stay on-site at the campground or their cozy lodge on the lake.
Picturesque villages hold nostalgic treasures like East Aurora’s historic Roycroft Campus, the whimsical Jell-O Gallery in LeRoy, and the Kazoo Museum in Eden. On a bluff above Lake Ontario, Old Fort Niagara brings history to life with colorful pageantry, battle reenactments, and events commemorating the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812. Other heritage sites include Murphy Orchards and the Castellani Museum that highlight Underground Railroad history.
Architectural wonders in the beautiful waterfront city of Buffalo include Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin Martin House, opulent theaters, the Burchfield-Penney Art Center, and the Albright-Knox Gallery. Stroll through a wild rainforest at the Buffalo Zoo, or the Botanical Garden’s 1897 glass-domed conservatory. Taste regional specialties at historic Broadway Market and the Anchor Bar, where Teressa Bellissimo cooked up the original recipe for Buffalo Wings. The giant National Buffalo Wing Festival, on Labor Day weekend, is awe-inspiring too!
GREATER NIAGARA MUST-SEES
• Letchworth State Park | Castile
• Lockport Cave, Underground Boat Ride, Locks and Erie Canal Cruises | Lockport
• Niagara Falls State Park & attractions | Niagara Falls
• Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours | Lewiston
• Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge | Alabama & Shelby
• AlbrightKnox Art Gallery | Buffalo
• Artpark | Lewiston
• Buffalo’s Theatre District | Buffalo
• BurchfieldPenney Art Centre | Buffalo
• Frank Lloyd Wright Darwin D. Martin House | Buffalo
• Roycroft Campus | East Aurora
• Arts Council for Wyoming County | Perry
• Roz Steiner Gallery | Batavia
• Allentown Historic Preservation District & Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site | Buffalo
• Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park | Buffalo
• JellO Gallery | LeRoy
• Medina Railroad Museum | Medina
• Old Fort Niagara | Youngstown
• The Cobblestone Museum | Albion
• Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens | Buffalo